- Stuart M. Shieber and Rani Nelken, Abbreviated Text Input using Language Modeling. Journal of Natural Language Engineering, 13(2):137-163, 2007.
- Rani Nelken and Chung-chieh (Ken) Shan, A Modal Interpretation of the Logic of Interrogation. Journal of Logic, Language, and Information, 15(3):251-271, 2006
- Rani Nelken. Book review: Interrogative Investigations, Jonathan Ginzburg and Ivan A. Sag Journal of Logic, Language, and Information 14(4), 468-472, 2005.
- Rani Nelken and Nissim Francez, Bilattices and the semantics of natural language questions. Linguistics and Philosophy 25(1):37-64, 2002
- Rani Nelken and Nissim Francez, The algebraic semantics of interrogative NPs. Grammars 3(2/3):259-273, 2000
- Rani Nelken and Nissim Francez, Splitting the
reference time: the analogy between nominal and temporal anaphora
Journal of Semantics 14(4):369-416. 1997
Rani Nelken and Nissim Francez. Automatic translation of natural-language system specifications into temporal logic in Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS 1102): Proceedings of CAV' 96, the 8th International Conference on Computer Aided Verification, 1996
- Rani Nelken and Elif Yamangil, Mining Wikipedia's Article Revision History for Training Computational Linguistics Algorithms, to appear in WikiAI08
- Elif Yamangil and Rani Nelken, Mining Wikipedia Revision Histories for Improving Sentence Compression, in proceedings of ACL-HLT 2008
Rani Nelken and Stuart M. Shieber,
Towards robust context-sensitive sentence alignment for monolingual corpora. in: Proceedings of EACL 2006, the 11th Conference of the European Chapter of the ACL, Trento, Italy, April 3-7, 2006
Rani Nelken and Stuart M. Shieber, Human-centered compression for efficient text input. Invited talk in: Dagstuhl Seminar on Efficient Text Entry, September 21-24, 2005
Rani Nelken and Stuart M. Shieber, Arabic Diacritization Using Weighted Finite-State Transducers in: Proceedings of the 2005 ACL Workshop on Computational Approaches to Semitic Languages, pages 79-86, Ann Arbor, Michigan, June 2005
Rani Nelken and Chung-chieh (Ken) Shan, A logic of interrogation should be internalized in a modal logic for knowledge. in Proceedings of SALT XIV: Semantics and Linguistic Theory, ed. Kazuha Watanabe and Robert B. Young. Ithaca: Cornell University Press. 2004
Einat Amitay, Rani Nelken, Wayne Niblack, Ron Sivan, Aya Soffer. Multi-resolution disambiguation of term occurrences. in: Proceedings of the 2003 ACM CIKM International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management, pages 255-262, New Orleans, Louisiana, November, 2003.
Rani Nelken, Einat Amitay, Aya Soffer, David Canfield Smith, and Wayne Niblack. Disambiguation for text mining on the web. Poster presented at the Twelfth International World Wide Web Conference, WWW2003, Budapest, Hungary, May 2003.
Rani Nelken and Nissim Francez. A calculus for interrogatives based on their algebraic semantics, Invited talk, inProceedings of TWLT16/AMILP2000: Algebraic methods in language processing. pages 143-160. Iowa city, Iowa 2000
Rani Nelken and Nissim Francez. Querying temporal databases Using controlled natural language. In Proceedings of COLING2000, The 18th International Conference on Computational Linguistics Saarbrücken, Germany July-August 2000
Rani Nelken and Nissim Francez. A bilattice-based algebraic semantics of questions In Proceedings of MOL6, Sixth Meeting on Mathematics of Language. Orlando, Florida, 1999
Rani Nelken and Nissim Francez. Splitting the reference time: Temporal anaphora and quantification in DRT in Proceedings of EACL '95, the 7th meeting of the European Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics, Dublin, Ireland, March 1995
- Einat Amitay, Rani Nelken, Wayne Niblack, David C. Smith, Aya Soffer, Disambiguation of Term Occurrences. US Patent 7,260,571, August 2007.
Technical reports and theses
Rani Nelken and Stuart M. Shieber, Computing The Kullback-Leibler Divergence Between Probabilistic Automata Using Rational Kernels Harvard Computer Science Technical Report TR-07-06 2006
Rani Nelken. Questions, Time and Natural Language Interfaces to Temporal Databases. PhD thesis, Technion 2001
Rani Nelken. Natural language specifications of software and hardware systems and their automatic verification. MSc thesis, University of Tel Aviv, 1996
Rani Nelken and Nissim Francez. Translating natural language system specifications into temporal logic via DRT. Technical report LCL 9602, Laboratory for Computational Linguistics, Technion, 1996