Spent a nice afternoon hacking on WordPress. All was blissful until I realized that the Category Access plugin by David Coppit I had installed, while nice, had a subtle bug that was causing it to display empty posts for things that are hidden behind login access at this site (mainly some private content and notekeeping functionalities for myself). I had previously hacked around this but my hack was causing WordPress to act up and not display the right number of posts on the front page.

Anyway, at this point I know more about WordPress than I’d like to, and found a fairly simple workaround to the bug that didn’t require any WordPress hacking (just the plugin). Phew. Off to the gym now… hours of squinting at a computer screen always makes a run feel oh so good.